I received a few emails asking me what kind of beauty products I use. So after doing a “What’s in my bag post”, I thought it could be fun to show you the content of my bathroom.
But just so you know… This content has been well edited and the selection you are about to see represent one half of what is actually on my shelves. (And please, don’t listen to the people that will tell you that it’s only a third or a quarter… Obviously they’re lying..!)
Note that I am not sponsored by any of those brands.
1. Kinky Curly Knot Today: This is my leave in hair conditioner, I heard about it on hairs blogs and forums and so I tried and now I just love it. It’s perfect to soften any kind of curly hairs.
2. Almond oil from Erboristica: If I had to take only one product with me it would definitely be the almond oil! I use it on my face and body instead of a separate body and face lotion and even sometimes on my hair. To work effectively you have to apply it right after the shower on damp skin as it will lock in your moisture and keep your skin super soft without feeling oily. Sometime I perfume it with a few drops of essential oils (orange, citrus,..)
3. Erboristica body lotion: This is a body lotion that I use mainly in winter when my skin is extra dry and needs more than just oil. Most of the time though I still mixed it with a little bit of oil in the palm of my hand before applying it to myself.
4. Alep soap: Also know as the mother of all soaps. Made of laurel oil and olive oil, this soap is particularly gentle and doesn’t dry out the skin. Which means that it can also be used on kids, to shave or to wash your hair. I do use it as a shampoo quite often. When I cannot buy the Alep soap I use the Marseille soap or the ones from Le Petit Olivier which smell delicious!
5. L’or Noir from Lush: I use it as a weekly scrub. Just does what it says on the box and does it pretty well! It comes out as some kind of paste that you have to moist with a few drops of water and then you have to rub it on your face in circle. When you rinse, your skin is as soft as a baby!
6. VeraDent toothpaste: I cannot find this one anymore to be honest so I now use the Biorepair fluorine free toothpaste.
7. Biotherm Pure Deo: This is my daily deodorant. Bio so supposedly doesn’t contain aluminum or alcohol.
8. Komaza Care Califa Moisturizing cream: This is a hair cream that I apply on my wet hair after the shampoo and before doing my twists, it helps me to retain moisture in my hair for a few days. I also use the My Honey Child Type 4 cream for the same purpose.
9. Tangle Teezer brush: Ok this brush literally saved my life and drastically reduced my time spent in the bathroom fighting with my hair. Because Afro hair are a lot of work, the more time I can save, the more I can enjoy them. This brush was not intended specially for Afro hair so can also be use on European and Asian hair.
10. Darcy’s Botanical Coconut Transitioning Cream: This is a cream I use occasionally on my hair when dry before styling them into an Afro or a puff. It soften and hydrate them so they don’t feel like straw ;-)
Voilà! That’s all ;-)
Now let me know what are the products you cannot live without..?
Have a nice weekend!